The 10 grants are intended for undergraduate students interested in a hands-on extracurricular internship in one of the research fields of the Galician Institute of High Energy Physics for one month.
IGFAE announces its first edition of its summer fellowships for research initiation, offering 10 grants aimed at undergraduate students interested in having their first research experience. Accepted applicants will enjoy a hands-on extracurricular internship and will be assigned a research project belonging to one of the research
fields of the Galician Institute of High Energy Physics under the supervision of a senior researcher. The students will gain knowledge and know-how in the thematic area and will have the opportunity to assist to all scientific and the educational activities offered in the center.
Grants include 750 euros and a financial assistance to cover travel expenses 500€ for students coming from outside Galicia and a maximum 80€ for students coming from Galicia. The hands-on extracurricular internships will have a duration of one month within a July,August or September.
• To be in the one of the two last years of any degree in the European Higher Education Area or any university system. 8 scholarships are reserved for students of the degrees in Physics, Mathematics, double degree Mathematics-Physics, engineering or equivalent degrees.
• Must have passed at least 55% of the credits of their degree.
• Average grade in their academic record must be equal or greater than 8 points in a 10-point scale.
Applications can only be submitted electronically via the University of Santiago de
Compostela website using the application form found in the following address https://sede.usc.es/formularios/solicitudes/InvestigacionBolsasVeranIGFAE.htm. The application should be addressed to the R&D Calls and Human Resources Service or by any of the means established in the article 16 of the Lei 39/2015 of 1st of October, of the common administrative procedure for public administrations, providing the following documentation:
• Copy of the academic record including the marks for all the subjects or modules and the average mark in a 10-point scale of the official bachelor’s degree or equivalent. In the case of having studied abroad in a language other than English, the certification must be submitted with the official translation into Spanish or Galician.
• Enrolment certificate issued by his/her university or copy of the enrolment fees for the 2018/2019 academic year.
• Curriculum Vitae of the applicant.
• Motivation letter with an expression of interest in obtaining the fellowship. With the submission of the application, the candidates will sign a statutory declaration stating that the documentation provided and the information declared is true. Candidates must provide the original documentation if required at any time during the selection process or during the fellowship.
SELECTION AND AWARD CRITERIA
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria, with a maximum score
of 10 points:
• Academic record of the applicants, up to the 70% of the total score.
• Curriculum Vitae, including publications, awards and training related to the purpose of the fellowships, among others. Up to 20% of the total score.
• The expression of interest of the applicants in the motivation letter. Up to 10% of the total score.