The Galician Institute of High Energy Physics (IGFAE), invites applications for doctoral fellows within “laCaixa” INPhINIT Fellowship programme. All information about the call is available at:
The doctoral fellowship programme INPhINIT ”la Caixa” is devoted to attracting talented Early-Stage Researchers—of any nationality—who wish to pursue doctoral studies in Spanish or Portuguese territory. Sponsored by ”la Caixa” Foundation, it is aimed at supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research in Spain and Portugal by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
The selection process is performed by the “la Caixa” Foundation where the candidates should apply. We kindly request to any applicant interested in joining our institute to express their interest in the application and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access the 10 positions we offer, search for “IGFAE – Galician Institute of High Energy Physics” in the Research Centre selector in https://finder.lacaixafellowships.org/finder
Information about each of the positions is also available here:
- A laser-generator of 11C for PET medical imaging pre-clinical studies
- Challenges and possibilities of the LHCb experiment at CERN
- Exploring dark sectors with the LHCb experiment at CERN
- Gravitational waves & multi-messenger astronomy
- Precision in the Standard Model and beyond
- QCD matter at extreme temperatures and in neutron stars
- Search of the nature of neutrinos with the NEXT-100 detector at the Underground Laboratory of Canfranc
- Studies in gauge/gravity duality
- Ultra-high-energy cosmic ray and neutrino detection in astroparticle physics
- Unveiling the structure and dynamics of nuclear exotic systems
Deadline for applications: 4 February 2021 at 2 pm (Central European Time – CET).
The Galician Institute for High Energy Physics (IGFAE) at the Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (USC) is a research institute accredited as María de Maeztu Unit of Excellence by the Spanish Ministry of Science. It hosts around 100 researchers, including more than 20 postdocs, 40 PhD students and two ERC grantees. IGFAE is a equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its personnel and particularly welcomes applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.